Bridge House Group Home
The Bridge Women's Group Home
Why does this home exist?
· This group home exists for the purpose of helping those in recovery from addiction to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
· To build a spiritual community that will provide the opportunity, support, and education - both spiritual and vocational - to facilitate skills to succeed in life.
· To help a person discover God’s plan for his life.
In the Bible, Jeremiah wrote these words,
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 (New Living Translation)
Who can live in this house?
· Women who have completed the approved application, background check, and interview process. Applications are available at St. Charles First Assembly of God. For an online application, click here. For a printable copy, click here.
· Women who are not on parole, probation, or a registered sexual offender.*
· Women who desire to stay clean from drugs and alcohol and want to live their life God’s way.
*This is also a St. Charles County regulation.
What do we ask of each woman?
• Understand and follow the house guidelines.
• Attend either a Sunday morning worship service, or a Wednesday night Adult Bible Study at St. Charles First Assembly’s St. Peters Campus each week.
• Attend Celebrate Recovery, a twelve-step Bible-based program, each week (www.celebraterecovery.com).
• Attend one additional twelve-step recovery meeting each week.
• Gain employment as soon as possible.
• Pay rent each week.
• Maintain proper upkeep of the house and property.
• Respect the rights and property of others.
• Stay drug- and chemical-free.
• Maintain accountability to the leadership of this house.
• Attend counseling with Agape Counseling as scheduled.
What will St. Charles First Assembly do for the women?
· Provide a safe, low cost, home as they work on their recovery.
· Provide a mentor to help them through Bible study and building healthy relationships with others.
· Provide relevant Bible teaching to help them grow.
· Assist them as needed while teaching them to stand on their own two feet.
· Pray for and encourage those living in the house.
Bridge Ministries strive to:
"Bridge the gap from addiction to sobriety through Christ!"